What is the EC marking?
The EC marking is disciplined by European directives… or Construction Products Directive 89/106/EC, which sets forth the obligations and responsibilities of manufacturers of all construction products.
This directive, implemented in Italy by the Presidential Decree dated 21 April 1993, requires the manufacturer to subject their products to tests at laboratories notified for this activity on a European level.
The European directive also establishes that each certified door must be recognisable through a specific label and that it must always be accompanied by a Declaration of Conformity. The EC marking is a testament that the legal obligations stemming from European legislation have been fulfilled.
The tests for EC marking
Tecnodoor subjects the products to tests relative to:
– Verification of the operative forces for manual operation
– Verification of the mechanical resistance
– Verification of the glazing components
– Verification of protection against cuts
– Verification of performance against tripping
– Verification of the safety of the openings
– Verification of whether or not dangerous substances are present
The following Tecnodoor products have obtained the EC marking: